18th Century Life
Five historic houses. Nearly 30 acres of surrounding property, outbuildings, and gardens. An outstanding private collection of household furnishings, fine and decorative arts. And programs and tours that bring this 18th-century enclave to life, all year long. Learn More »
John Goodier was first introduced to Odessa when he married Marjorie Loven in November of 1963. John claims that when he met Margie, he knew instantly he was going to marry her. That was 53 years ago. However, as John eventually came to find out, his connection to Odessa really began in the early nineteenth century. John’s mother was a Jefferis and it was one of her ancestors that married David Wilson of Cantwell’s Bridge in 1808!
The Board of Directors have announced that the Historic Odessa Foundation just recently acquired the forty-two acre field in front of the Corbit-Sharp House adjacent to the Appoquinimink River. The land was originally acquired by H. Rodney Sharp during his restoration efforts in Historic Odessa in the first half of the 20th-century.
History Comes Alive! The Historic Odessa Foundation’s school program offers educators a well-documented, interactive and hands-on sampler of 18th century life in colonial Delaware. Although designed specifically with Delaware teachers in mind, our program is broad enough to accommodate school from other states, homeschoolers, youth organizations and summer camps.
Take a quick tour of the Houses of Historic Odessa.