Holidays in Odessa: 2016
Step back in time at the Historic Odessa's annual Holiday Celebration - a seasonal tradition of interpreting scenes from classic literature. This year you're invited to tour the National Historic Register Wilson-Warner House transformed into vignettes inspired by E.T.A. Hoffman's tale of The Nutcracker and The Mouse King; 2016 celebrates the book’s bicentennial (200 years) reacquainting us with the beloved characters and remembering fantastic scenes.
Save the Dates: This season, from November 15 through December 31, 2016. Please visit our Calendar of Events for holiday programming.
2016 Christmas Events
- Families Cook Series: Holiday Delights: 1:30 p.m. Nov. 12
- Holiday exhibit: opens Nov. 15
- Storybook Trees exhibit: opens Nov. 15
- Holiday school tours: Nov. 15 to Dec. 31
- Candlelight tours: 7 p.m. Dec. 1, 6, 8, 13, 15 and 20
- Children’s holiday program: 2 p.m. Dec. 4
- Festive foods/hearth cooking demonstration: 10 a.m. Dec. 10 and 17
- Paint Your Own Nutcracker: 2 p.m. Dec. 11
- Children's Storybook time: noon and 4:30 p.m. Dec. 14
- Curator candlelight tour: 7 p.m. Dec. 22
Storybook Trees Exhibit
A festive display of Christmas trees decorated by local families, schools and organizations will reflect books and works of children’s literature.
Historic Odessa will be open Tuesday through Sunday through the end of the year (closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).
Holiday School Tours
Please call 302-378-5562 for reservations.
Historic Odessa is open to the public March through December, Tuesday through Saturday, 10 AM – 4:30 PM and Sunday 1 PM – 4:30 PM, Monday by reservation. The Historic Houses of Odessa are closed January and February, Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.