Corbit-Sharp House is a historic home located at Main and 2nd Streets in Odessa, Delaware. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1967, and is included in the Odessa Historic District.
The Corbit-Sharp House is a historic house museum that is owned and operated by Historic Houses of Odessa. Furnished for the late 18th century period, the house is one of five historic properties that can be toured.
William Corbit, who operated a tannery on the banks of the Appoquinimink Creek, was the town’s leading citizen when he built his handsome Philadelphia-style Georgian house in 1774. It remained in the Corbit family until 1938, when H. Rodney Sharp acquired it. Sharp restored the house as well as several other historically significant buildings in the town and is generally considered responsible for the first efforts at historic preservation in Odessa. Today the Corbit-Sharp House is furnished to reflect the region’s lifestyle in the late 18th-century.